5.0.2 – Release notes
Release date: January 1, 2020
The Auron E-Mail Component is a rebranding of the ActiveXperts E-Mail Component. It is completely API compatible.
- Update branding, manual, weblinks etc. according to transfer from ActiveXperts to Auron Software
- Upgrade .Net version for .Net samples to 4.6
- Fix intermitted TLS issues specifically with Widows Live Mail
- Freeware tools now run in Windows XP as well
The Auron E-Mail Component is API compatible with the ActiveXperts E-Mail Component; No changes are required. However, to use the Auron E-Mail Component with your existing software it is required to recompile your software.
The Auron E-Mail Component will require a new license key for existing users. If you are an existing user of the ActiveXperts E-Mail Component with a valid maintenance license please contact us to request your new license key.
Installation and upgrade
To install for the first time download the installer here and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
To upgrade from the ActiveXperts E-Mail Component please follow these steps:
- Uninstall the ActiveXperts E-Mail Component
- Download the Auron E-Mail Component installer here.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard.