6.0.0 – Release notes
Release date: March 10, 2022
The Auron E-mail Component is an API that enables you to quickly and easily add E-mail functionality to your applications.
This version of the E-mail component introduces OAuth2 support for IMAP, POP3 as well as SMTP.
OAuth2 is an authorization framework that introduces a separation of resource owner, authorization and client application. More and more large e-mail providers such as Microsoft and Google are moving to OAuth2 as their primary means of authorization.
- Supports both authorization code flow and device code flow
- Focus on OAuth2 for desktop applications
- Works with Microsoft Exchange and Google Cloud Platform
- Easy to use API
- Multiple working example projects in C#, VB.Net, VBScript and Powershell
- Extensive logging and troubleshooting options
Other changes and fixes
- Add support for List-Unsubscribe header
- Attachments now support inline as well as attachment dispositions
- Quoting in new custom MIME header fields in optional
This version of the E-mail component no longer supports Windows 2003, Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Please recompile your software when upgrading from E-mail component 5.1.0.
The Auron E-Mail Component requires a new license key for existing users. If you are an existing user please contact us to request your new license key.
Installation and upgrade
To install for the first time download the installer here and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
To upgrade run the installer and follow the prompts.