6.5.5 – Release notes
Release date: December 16, 2020
The Auron SMS component is a full featured API for sending and receiving SMS and Pager messages. It supports GSM devices; secure SMPP client as well as server; SNPP for pagers messages etc.
- Full support for National language shift tables in GSM, SMPP and SMPP Server protocols
- The user tag in the SMPP and SMPP Server can now be a string value as well as an integer value
- SMPP and SMPP Server now support adding TLV value in the submit_resp as well
- The freeware portable applications no longer require the SMS Component to be installed
- UDH length calculation on outgoing 7bit encoded single part messages
National Language Shift Tables
The most important change is the addition of National language shift support for GSM, SMPP and SMPP Server.
The national language shift tables extend the basic GSM character set with another 13 different character sets. This means that you will no longer need to use Unicode for sending a text in Turkish or in Hindi for example.
For all of the supported languages a single SMS message can now contain at least 152 characters instead of 70.
Find more information on how to use national language shift in the SMS Component in the API Reference.
When upgrading your software from version 6.5.4 a recompile is required.
Installation and upgrade
To install for the first time download the installer here and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.