7.0.0 – Release notes
Release date: January 29, 2022
The Auron SMS component is a full featured API for sending and receiving SMS and Pager messages. It supports GSM and Android devices; secure SMPP client as well as server; HTTP client and server; SNPP for pagers messages etc.
- Add support for creating secure and portable HTTP server API’s.
- Add download function to HTTP client interface for getting binary files such as images and other media files.
- Serialize and de-serialize SMS messages using JSON.
- SMPP Server can access Bind TLV values.
- Improved GSM behavior with handling unsolicited GSM device messages.
This version of the SMS Component requires Microsoft Windows 7 or Microsoft Windows 2008R2 or up. Windows XP is no longer supported as of this version.
- Android SMS; Sending large batches of multipart SMS messages would sometimes fail.
- Set a default port number for Android SMS connections (7770).
- GSM and SMPP: All greek capitals are now properly translated to the GSM alphabet.
- SMPP fixed receiving TLV’s attached to the submit_sm_resp message.
- HTTP Fix escaping SMS body according to the content-type of the request (for JSON, XML and URL Encoded).
HTTP Server API
The Auron SMS Component now offers a full HTTP Server API for quickly setting up a small, portable and secure HTTP Server.
With the new HTTP Server API it’s easy to receive incoming SMS messages or status reports from your HTTP provider. It’s also generic enough to use for any other services as well.
The HTTP Server API connects supports:
- IPv4 and IPv6
- SSL and TLS (HTTPS)
- Port sharing (multiple instances can use the same network port)
- HTTP 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0
The HTTP Server API uses the Microsoft HTTP.sys module which is present on all desktop and server Microsoft Windows installations from Windows Server 2008R2 / Windows 7 onward.
When upgrading your software from version SMS Component 6.6 a recompile is required.
You will need a new license key to unlock this version. If you are an existing customer please contact us to receive your new registration key.
Installation and upgrade
To install for the first time download the installer here and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.