When most people think of an SMSC or SMS Center they think of expensive hardware and huge licensing and consultancy fees. While this has been the case for a long time, it all changed with the introduction of the Auron SMS Server. This post explains how to setup an SMSC using the Auron SMS Server.
The SMS Server is an exceptionally versatile SMS framework for setting up every kind of SMS application. Hospitals use it to remind patients of their appointments and radio stations use it to interact with their listeners. While at the same time more and more SMS operators use it for their core infrastructure as well.
Benefits of having your own SMSC
- Always use the most economic route to deliver messages
- Aggregate multiple low-volume SMS streams into one high-volume subscription
- Be a nexus in an application that needs to trace all messages sent
An SME is a Short Message Entity. This is any client that is able to connect to the SMSC. The SMS Server is an SME as well as an SMSC.
Packed with features and fully customizable
The SMS Server is perfect for setting up a fully functional and secure SMSC with little effort and at a very low cost. This how-to details all of the steps of how to setup an SMSC using the SMS Server.
The SMSC in this article has the following features:
- Allow any number of clients to connect using SMPP
- Route to an SMPP provider
- Secure communication through TLS
- Support Unicode and Multipart messages
- Full support for delivery reports
- No plain-text passwords by using hash functions instead.
On top of this all, the SMS Server SMSC is fully customizable.
The SMS Server uses triggers to customize the behavior of the SMSC. These triggers are scripts that are automatically generated but can be completely customized after the fact.
Need help setting things up? Contact us!